Tip: Germany to Win
- Germany are the only side to have won each of their 4 games at Euro 2012. They have now won their last 15 competitive matches.
- Die Mannschaft boast the best attack at the tournament with 9 goals scored so far.
- Germany, who rested key players in their quarter-final tie with Greece, have the benefit of two extra days’ rest. They completed their Friday victory in 90 minutes, while Italy needed penalties to overcome England on Sunday.
- Italy have won just one of their last 7 matches in regulation time.
- The Azzuri have netted just 4 goals so far at the tournament - no other side have reached the semi-finals scoring so few goals at the Euros since 1996.
- Italy’s best player against England on Sunday was undoubtedly Andrea Pirlo, but with the playmaker aged 33, it could be a worry for coach Cesare Prandelli that his most integral player could easily fatigue.
Posted on 27 June 2012, 16:20 GMT